Summer Fun 2016 in Galveston, TX is a virtual treasure trove of potential things to do. There are more things to do than you will have time for to be sure. You can stay on our island the entire summer and won’t be able to complete your “I want to do this” list. Don’t feel bad, however, as very few have done everything possible on Galveston Island, even for the BOI (Born on Island) folks. This fact is a testament to the nearly endless supply of things to do on a Summer Fun Vacation in Galveston.
Summer Fun Activities in Galveston (Just a Few);
- Beach Activities?are the obvious first thing on our list. Our many beaches running the entire southern edge of our 31 mile long island provides everything you would expect from a beach.
- Fishing is available from our Fishing Piers, Surf Fishing, Your Boat, Rental Boat, Guided & Charter Fishing Trips, and along the entire shore of the island.
- Golfing is available from both of our Championship Golf Courses. (Moody Gardens & Galveston Country Club)
- Schlitterbahn Water Park is a terrific water extravaganza to entertain the entire family. They really have something for every age group.
- Strand Area is uniquely Galveston and full of Restaurants, Bars, Shopping, and other fun things to do. If you don’t go here you have missed Galveston.
- Victorian Homes are plentiful on our island, and tours are available for many, both outside and in.
- Museums are also available to get in a little culture. The kids will adore the Railroad Museum. Mom & Dad will like it as well!
- Seawall Blvd. runs along the Gulf of Mexico from the far East End to about 100th St. Many walk, run, jog, bike, skateboard, & stroll along it to enjoy a fabulous day on the Coast.
- Ferry Boats take passengers from Galveston’s East End to Bolivar Peninsula for FREE. Your car also goes for FREE. The ride takes about twenty minutes each way. Get out and watch for dolphins following you. It is wonderful and the kids will never forget the dolphins. Neither will you! Oh yeah, remember it’s FREE. Summer Fun 2016 in Galveston will be a memory maker.
I could go on and on about all the things to do for summer fun in Galveston. Here’s your last tip. Explore and see what you find on your own. What we mentioned here is just scratching the service. Write us and tell us what you liked about your summer fun in Galveston. We would love to know. And if you need a great place to stay give us a call. If we are full we’ll make a recommendation for your needs!